23 June 2014 was National Women in Engineering Day , a day dedicated to celebrating the work that women do in engineering and to showcase the great engineering careers available for girls.
To mark the occasion, Engineering Innovation Network – South West (EIN-SW) is teaming up with Wiltshire Enterprise and NT CADCAM, one of the UK’s most established SOLIDWORKS resellers, to launch a Dragon’s Den style competition exclusively for women.
The challenge goes out to all budding entrepreneurs with commercial ideas to submit their most creative ideas to a prestigious panel of judges.
Haydn Earl, EIN-SW project manager, said: ‘There are almost 20,000 female engineers in the UK, with almost 400 working in a design engineering role. We hope this competition will inspire even more women to make their bright ideas commercial realities. We are looking for ideas which could be manufactured, are tangible and commercial. They do not need to be at the design or prototype stage and need only be submitted as a proposal
Outline of competition
• We are looking for ideas that could be manufactured, are tangible and commercial.
• They do not need to be at the design or prototype stage and need only be submitted as a proposal.
• You are welcome to submit photos or YouTube links to support a prototype with your designs.
• Each idea will be considered on its own merit not by how advanced it has progressed.
• We have no wish to stifle your creativity and you are welcome to submit more than one idea!
How to enter
• Entries open 23 June and close July 31 2014.
• To apply for your application form and submit your entry,
For further details, call Sheena Awdry 01249 466800 ex 6709.
The successful entries will be contacted during August to discuss the support opportunities to prepare their ‘Bright Idea ‘for a showcase event in October when they will present to a prestigious panel of experts and potential investors who could support the product to a commercial reality.